Best Credit Cards in India for Beginners
Best credit cards for first time credit card users in India. Use XareClub to avail all credit card benefits in one.
Few things can match the joy of landing your first job. It’s common to go through a multitude of emotions after hearing, "You're Hired!". The enthralling feeling of your hard work paying off can (as it should) set off a heady excitement. While it’s incredible that you have taken the first step towards financial independence, it is essential to keep in mind to manage your earnings effectively. At such a time, applying for a Credit card and using it on all your spending can help you save. Credit Cards are convenient to use and contribute towards building a positive credit score. To get you started, here is a list of the best credit cars to begin with in India.
1. Citibank Cash-back credit card - True to its name, this credit card offers cash-back on almost every transaction. It has an annual fee of ₹500 and no joining fee. Its perks include :
- 5% cash-back when you book movie tickets and pay telephone and utility bills.
- 0.5% cash-back on all other transactions.
- 15% off on dining at partner merchants.
2. HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card: Recommended for frequent travelers, this card has an annual fee of ₹1,000, which can be waived if you spend more than ₹1 lakh on the card. Its benefits include :
- 3 reward points on every ₹150 spent on retail.
- 10x the reward points on international spending.
- Airport lounge access.
3. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit card: Unlike most cards, this card does not restrict cash back on fuel and utility spends. It has affordable annual and renewal fees of ₹750 and offers :
- 5% cash-back on utility bills, phone recharges, and fuel spends.
- 1 reward point for every ₹150 spent on all other expenditures.
- Exclusive offers under Standard Chartered good life program.
4. Axis Bank Neo credit card : Perfect for movie and shopping lovers, this card has an annual fee of ₹250 and a joining fee of ₹250 that can be waived by spending ₹2,500 in the first 45 days. With this card, enjoy :
- 2 reward points for every ₹200 spent on the card.
- 15% and more off on dining at partner merchants.
- 10% discounts at Myntra, Akbar Travels, BookMyShow, and Freecharge.
5. American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card : This card is ideal for anyone who makes frequent international payments, or has to travel often for work. It has an annual fee of ₹1,000 and a renewal fee of ₹4,500, which can be waived if you spend more than ₹1.5 lakhs. Users enjoy :
- 4,000 reward points as a welcome bonus.
- 1 reward point for every ₹50 spent except for fuel, utilities, and insurance payments.
- 20% off for dining at partnered merchants.
Now that you know the benefits that lie out there, you probably wish you could avail all of them without owning multiple credit cards. Luckily, Xare can help you do just that! With XareClub, you can share credit and debit cards with close friends and family. Download Xare and invite your friends and family to join your XareClub to avail the perks of every card, regardless of whether or not you own it. Xare also allows you to make payments seamlessly, safely, and instantly. Sign up for Xare today.